European Directives 89/106/EEC and 93/68/EEC concern the CE marking of construction products, harmonise national laws on health, safety and welfare and ensure that all products marked free movement in the European Union.
Each material has its own specific sottonorma and, as far as the Ediltec product range is concerned, we recommend:
- EN 13164 for Extruded expanded polystyrene (XPS)
- EN 13165 for rigid foam of expanded polyurethane (PU)
Coupled products and sandwich panels do not have a standard of reference.
In Italy, for CE marked materials, it is mandatory to declare:
- Reaction to fire class (Euroclass)
- Declared thermal resistance
- Resistance to compression
- Water permeability