The manufacturer or his authorised representative established within the EEA is responsible for the affixing of the CE marking.
The CE marking symbol to affix shall be in accordance with Directive 93/68/EC and shall be shown on the product itself, or on the accompanying label or on the packaging. The following information shall accompany the CE marking symbol:
- name or identifying mark and registered address of the manufacturer
- the last two digits of the year in which the marking is affixed
- reference to this European Standard
- description of the product: generic name, material, dimensions, etc. and intended use
- information on those relevant essential characterisitcs which are to be declared presented as:
* standard designation(s) in combination with declared values
* "No performance determined" for characteristics where this is relevant.
The "No performance determined" (NPD) option may not be used where the characterisitcs is subject to a threshold level. Otherwise, the NPD option may be used when and where the characteristics, for a given intended use, is not subject to regulatory requirements in the Member State of destination.
A DESIGNATION CODE for the product shall give by the manufacturer. The following shall be included except when there is no requirement for a not obligatory property. The designation code is illustrated by the following example:
XPS - EN 13164 - T1 - DS(TH) - DLT(2)5 - CS(10/Y)300 - CC(2/1.5/50)120 - WL(T)0.7 - WD(V)3 - MU100 - FT2
- The first expression refers to the type of material: XPS (extruded polystyrene foam), EPS (expanded polystyrene foam), PU (rigid polyurethane foam), MW (mineral wool),...
- The second expression refers to the European norm of the product: EN 13164 (in the case of XPS), EN 13163 (in the case of EPS), EN 13165 (in the case of PU), EN 13162 (in the case MW),...
- Thickness Tollerance: Ti (where "i" shall be used to indicate the relevant class or level according the product norm)
- Dimensional stability under specified temperature and humidity conditions: DS(TH)
- Deformation under specified compressive load and temperature conditions: DLT(i)5 (where "i" shall be used to indicate the relevant class or level according the product norm)
- Compressive stress or compressive strength: CS(10/Y)i (where "i" indicates the declared compressive strength, in kPa)
- Tensile strength perpendicular to faces: TRi (where "i" indicates the declared tensile strength, in kPa)
- Compressive creep: CC(i1/i2/y)σc (where "i1" indicates the total thickness reduction, in percentage; "i2" indicates the percentage of the initial deformation; "y" indicates the time of extrapolation, in years; and "σc" indicates the declared compressive stress of this test)
- Long term water absorption by immersion: WL(T)i (where "i" indicates the maximum percentage of water volume absorbed)
- Long term water absorption by diffusion: WD(V)i (where "i" shall be used to indicate the relevant class or level according the product norm)
- Water vapour transmission: MUi (where "i" indicates the minimal declared level of this property according to the product norm)
- Freeze-thaw resistance: FTi (where "i" shall be used to indicate the relevant class or level according the product norm)
The value of the declared thermal conductivity and the declared thermal resistance, as well as the Euroclass of the product, won't be included in the Code of Designation, but these properties must appear in the Declaration of Conformity CE and in the product label.